Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Why me ? If you have never asked this to yourself I would have to wonder why.




I love Logan and Ava with all my being, they have a love of God and life that is strong and a love for family, friends and teachers that is great but sometimes I ask " why me ? " Am I the ONLY mom that after years of them going to school is STILL telling them what needs to be done in the morning after eating breakfast ? Some would say of course not BUT I feel like I am. I see so many other kids more mature and independent that their parents in the morning turn around their kids are already dressed and at the bus stop,  me ? OH NO  and if you live within ear shot of me you probably know this if you hear me yelling two or three times a week in the morning for them to move their rumps  !

I take ownership of my failing of this with them. I used to think well it's because we had to hold Logan's hand so much in the beginning of his diagnosis with the autism but now I just realize that's not true. It could be like anything else we have trained him to overcome,  I just have to bear down on him and he is actually getting a little better but Ava my super pickle butterfly ( An explanation for that in a later blog ) attention span of that a moving butterfly.  She's constant motion unless the tv is on so there are times when she starts to do something in the right way but wait...... a sound distracts her and she's off to investigate. Sigh, yes maybe ADHD ? We won't know til we find a child psychiatrist to diagnose her, wouldn't surprise me knowing how I was at that age.


I want to work on getting them to mature within themselves and choices, they seem immature sometimes so we are in the process of getting them to some realizations that your childhood is here now but it doesn't last forever and I want them to be prepared for the real world that is coming. 

Next blog about those who think their children are Christians but in fact have an ugly side....

0 comments:

Post a Comment