Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

A Hard Season

                                               






Logan has finished his last year of elementary school and now we venture towards middle school and I am terrified but I have faith he will be fine.


In the last few months we learned one of our best friends who we love dearly is being relocated to Pennsylvania. We have been getting the kids ready for this especially Logan since he is VERY close to their oldest daughter who we absolutely adore.

I have yet to find another girl besides Ava who loves to game and reads about them, watches videos about them and so on, so this is a special relationship. We have been having a lot of get together's in the last few months to try and make this easier.

The stress of starting a new school with new demands, starting it without his great friend has taken it's toll.


 Today Logan had a meltdown, it continued thru this evening where I laid with him and comforted him. His questions broke my heart

Why won't it stop hurting

I prayed but it didn't make me feel better

What if I never see her again

What if I never get married and I'm alone



I hugged him close and kissed his tears and assured him the pain will pass, this is his first crush, there's a reason they call it CRUSH and this will not be the first time he feels this pain. It's about learning, loving and building who he is, we've all been through it.

As far as praying goes, yes sometimes when we are in the deepest pain, it doesn't feel like God is hearing or healing us but he is, always

You will see her again,3 months seems like a super long time but it will be here before you know it !!!

There is someone for you, you might choose to not get married, you might be in your 30's,40's or 50's but everyone has someone Logan and all I want is for you to be happy with the choices you make.

I am walking by your side, guiding you and watching you learn and feel but I am here for you all the time and that never ends til God takes me home,a long time from now.


He is crushed and hurting and my heart is also breaking for him and for our family and our friends who have become literally like family, from attending the same church, same neighborhood and bus stop, fire pits where more than the holy spirit flows ( plenty of him too ;) , dinners together, hanging at the beach or the pool or getting the funniest texts in the middle of the night. A couple that shares the same conservative values, ideology and moral compass and are on the same path we are when it comes to our kids.


I will miss them more than they know but thanks to technology we can skype !

Our families shared our last dinner together last night til October, it was fun as always but again knowing this was the last for awhile was hard.

Logan gave the girl that holds his heart a kiss on the cheek, I didn't witness it but he told me he was about to do it.

I told Logan he's the sweetest boy and bestest friend anyone could want and he's a great son and good brother.


I pray over the next week for our friends as they finish up their loose ends and I pray their children will be comforted as they leave NC and head towards their new journey.




Isaiah 41:10: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

                                          
                                           

0 comments:

Post a Comment